The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) at the Institute of Health Sciences, Bhubaneswar is functioning since December 2018. The IQAC composition is as per the University Grant Commission (UGC) XII PLAN GUIDELINES FOR Establishment and Monitoring of the Internal Quality Assurance Cells (IQACs) in Colleges (2012 – 2017) and National Assessment and Accreditation Council of India (NAAC).
The broadly defined objectives of IQAC include (but are not limited to):
- To make a system which will enable quality and catalytic improvement in education and services to mankind.
- To create a quality culture.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
IQAC will facilitate:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
Dr. M. Haree Shankar, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Asst. Professor, ECE dept.
(Teacher) & Co-ordinator
- Activities reflecting the goals and objectives of the college
- New academic programmes initiated (UG and PG)
- Innovations in curricular design and transaction
- Inter-disciplinary programmes started