NATIONAL INNOVATION & STARTUP POLICY
To cater for the needs of budding entrepreneurs with innovative ideas of societal relevance and thereby introducing a culture of entrepreneurship
inside the campus which will strengthen our education system and also promoting national economical and social development.
To develop an eco-friendly system with required infrastructure which will enable students and faculty to innovate and develop their innovative/novel
ideas with industrial standards and to seek support from Government, industry and reputed academic institutions globally and help them in return with
budding entrepreneurs who can create employment opportunities.
Short term Objectives
- To help student groups to model their ideas.
- To enhance innovation, creativity and design thinking among the student community.
- Incubation capacity for faculty-driven start-up and student/Alumni start-up.
- Organize FDP, seminars and workshops, distinguish talks for students, Faculty and Alumni and encourage entrepreneurial culture.
- Strengthen Institute Industry Interaction cell activity and successfully use the outcomes for achieving the mission.
Long Term Objectives
- Associate with Department of Science and Technology (DST), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
and other academic institutions for transferring world-class facility for RIT-EDC activities.
- Develop quality research work among students and arrive at a patent that can be commercially used in production.
- Provide a platform for students to develop innovative products with global recognition and create business opportunities.
- Generate revenues through consultancy work and student start-ups.
- Spread awareness to students and faculty regarding IPR related activities.
- Strategic partnership linkage with
- Tamil Nadu Entrepreneurship Development Institute(TN-EDII)
- National Innovation Foundation (NIF) of India to submit ideas and apply for schemes
- Procure fund from AICTE for Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- Commencement of Masters/MBA programs in Entrepreneurship